I have been visiting this site for a couple of months now and have found alot of great information. I have also found this group to be a great group of people that have provided lots of wonderful information to me. I am a life long fisherman and flyfished off and on over the years but have started taking it more seriously over the last 6 months. In reading many of the articles I have especially enjoyed reading the many articles by Al Campbell. I going to follow his fly tying lessons to get back up to par tying flys. I did not realize at first he had passed away...I was quite saddened to learn of his fight with cancer. Reading the archives brought tears to my eyes.
What a wonderful guy he seems to have been. I am saddened that I found this site to late to possible have meet the man. What great wit and a sense of humor he had.
Anyway I just wanted to that FAOL for keeping his articles available to read. I also say I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet or converse with Al and am saddened for all of you out there who lost a great friend. I hope he is spending his time happily casting to trout in that great trout stream in Heaven.

Bill from PA