Folks,

Just writing to give my (somewhat belated) thanks for the encouraging words you all wrote about the piece I did on Catskills small streams. My Internet access was sputtering but now it's fixed (I think). (Infernal computers!@#$!)

I wrote the piece earlier this summer before the effects of the drought in the Catskills really began to be felt. I'm unsure how the smaller streams fared in the hot, dry weather from June to September. I know the BKill and Willow were reduced to rock gardens.

I was in the Catskills yesterday doing some brush clearing along a trail.... didn't fish but took note that all the streams and rivers I saw have good pitches of water... and the ground is just about saturated after the deluges that finally came in October. I did see a few little brookies in a trib that I walked along, but didn't see any spawning... I think spawning is pretty much over.

So we'll have to wait til spring to see if the drought had ill effects on the tribs.

It was snowing a little yesterday in the hills, which leads me to believe that my season is about through. Although I might make a trip or two to the no-kill section of the BKill later this winter.

RW, I look forward to the Roscoe gathering next spring... I'm sure as the date approaches we'll discuss particulars.

Peace,

rjj

------------------
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt