This was my buddy not me, I always breakdown a rod before driving to another location.
He has an old little car with a sun roof, drops the rigged rod through the open sun roof and drives on. Well he forgot to fasten the fly to rod or hooker keeper and starts driving the loose fly catches a branch and starts pulling out line. Meanwhile I see what's happening as I follow, blowing the horn and flashing my lights he keeps on going. Finally out of backing the spool stops and the rod shoots out of the sun roof. the rod and reel land with a thud. He finally stops, I'm LMAO and he picks it up and starts winding all back in. Well the amount of backing and line is long, so he turns the car around drops the rod back in and starts driving and winding, needless to say you can't wind in a line fast enough to keep up with a moving car which runs over the line, winding stops, he doesn't release his grip on the reel handle or put on the brakes and then the bad thing happens, snap!! Can't land a 3000 lb car witha 5wt.