Have you ever had times you made a fool of yourself and was glad nobody was looking. It happened to me yesterday. I get out to the water, go to pull off my leader from the reel and found the leader stuck in the reel. So I removed the spool and pulled off half the line until I got my leader in hand, reassembled the mess, tied on a fly and started to strip off line. Just then my reel fell off. Worse yet it fell in the river down a deep hole. So I had to pull out all the line and backing to retrive the reel and reassemble the mess a second time. Never again will I build a rod with a slip ring seat. Finally Im casting and having a great time until I see my rods tip section floating down river.
I was feeling kinda stupid since all the above was preventable and I should have known better.
But as I was fishing I looked up and saw a guy standing across the river watching me. He was 7 ft tall and weighed at least 250 pounds. Do you remember when we were kids how much fun it was to find a bobber? well this guy starts climbing a tree and shimmies out on a branch to get a 25 cent bobber while at the same time talking on his cell phone. After watching him I did not feel quite as stupid.. FB.