Our TU chapter does roadside and stream cleanup on two streams. A mile of the Battenkill near the Vermont border and a longer stretch on the Kaydeross , a local stream.(Actually has a longer Indian name but this is what everyone call it.). In between the Chapter trips I do a personal pick up on a half mile stretch that gets fished a lot on the local water. This stream is open all year long but gets little fishing pressure in the fall. So when I go up there in October the litter isn't too bad. This last trip I kept a record of what I picked up. The stream is pretty much right along the road. In one place is a spot people pull off under the trees and sometimes have a small fire. That is always a good place to start. I found an empty 12 pack of Bud, 3 styrofoam worm containers, one broken salted minnow jar, a Eagle Claw snelled hook folder with 2 snelled hooks still in it, several dozen cigarette butts and 3 cardboard backed plastic covered spin lure packages, empty, and two McDonald bags. There were deep ruts where some one had gotten stuck in the mud. Further along I found 4 more styrofoam worm cups, 2 massive tangles of spinning line caught in the bushes that I cut up, 3 more beer cans, 2 large plastic water bottles , a single mans sock. A chapstick tube, several candy wrappers, a cushion which was by a couple of forked sticks stuck in the ground at waters edge, another McDonalds bag was flattened under the cushion and more butts.A couple of empth cigarette packs and a single boot. It was stuck between rocks mid stream, torn at the bottom, kind of a rubber below the knee boot. It looked like someone had just walked out of it. Most of the stuff was down on the trail along the stream not along the shoulder of the road. This was not a lot of junk, but it had only been 4 weeks since a massive cleanup by our chapter. Why do you think people have to leave garbage like this along a stream? It is so easy to carry out what you carry in.