How about this? I have been a paramedic manager (communications) for the past few years after a career in the game of nearly 30 years.... it is a high pressure high stress thankless job that has caused me a lot of grief in recent times. I am burnt out stressed out and generally unhappy, so much so that I have taken time off the past few months to consider my position.

I guess that applying for a heap of jobs that I did not get does not help, and I set my aims lower, lower, and lower. Last week I got offered a job in town here, at the local butchers as an apprentice, and I said yes.

I'm still reeling, and a little excited - a 54 yo apprentice earning in a week what I used to in half a day! I get a small pension from my old career so that will help a bit. Might be a few less fishing trips though!

It will be so different working with food... they do smokehouse stuff and lots of nice things other than dead animals! Anyway, has anybody else made a radical decision such as this and it turned out well? (Jeez...what have I done?) LOL