Breathable waders are great, but not always necessary.

The key question is how far do you have to walk or hike from your vehicle to your fishing water?

Breathable waders are great if you have to hike a ways from the vehicle to the water -- you sweat less before you get in the water (and you may sweat less once you're in the water). Same's true for boot foot over stocking foot waders (hiking - not sweating). The separate wading boots are much easier on your feet if you have to cover some distance, especially if you're going cross country.

Another factor to consider is average air temp and water temp where you are fishing. In a lot of places in "the south" the air temp can be down-right oppressively hot, but the water temps of the tailwaters are down-right frigid.

Given what you've said in your email, using them a half-dozen times a year, I'd opt for 2-mil or 3-mil neoprene stocking foot waders. Boot foot if you prefer, but my feet are in much better shape at the end of the day since switching to stocking foot waders years ago. Mine are Orvis, but Cabelas makes good gear and stands behind it.