Thread: Me??? A Fly Fishing Writer?!?!?

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Me??? A Fly Fishing Writer?!?!?

Well I guess I'm a real live fly fishing writer now; I got an article accepted for publication -- so not just a blog writer or posting on various fly fishing forums (though not really sure what difference that makes any way). I just got my first cheque as a fly fishing writer today -- does this make me a professional fly fishing writer???? LOL LOL Hardly!!!! -- better not let my head swell too much!!!!! LOL LOL (I've sold other stories before but none about fly fishing). I wrote an article that comes out in a future issue of the Eastern Fly Fishing magazine. Nothing much -- just 500 words. But it's a start -- a way to get my foot in the door. And really I'd never have thought about submitting an article to a fly fishing magazine unless I'd been able to write on forums like this. So I'm writing this not to boast or build myself up. But rather to thank you who take the time to read my stuff on here -- and those of you who have sent words of encouragement in PMs and posts. Thanks.

Tight Lines,

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Ormsby; 02-19-2009 at 08:33 PM.
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby