Well, I sort of made them up. It's basically a High-Tie method.

I hate to say this, but I usually just use all white or pearl material, and color it with Prismacolor markers to match the baitfish I want. It looks more realistic that way. I just tie the basic body shape, then find a picture of the baitfish I want, and color the fly to match it.

I got Fly Of The Week a few months ago with a Floating-Head Minnow. Look it up in the archives and follow the steps. Just omit the floating head, and you have a straight baitfish. You can even wrap wire around the hook shank for a weighted version.

If you are going to tie Polaris Flies, then you can still use the light colors like Pearl, Grey and the Peacock Colors, and still color the details in with the markers. For example:

For a Bluegill, I'd get Yellow, or Chartruese, and Olive or dark green N.E.W. fibers. Just tie the Yellow on, then the Green over that, then color in the details with the markers. For a shad, same thing, except use white and silver, or grey, or blue.

It's really pretty easy, once you get used to the method.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
Gig...I don't think those videos really get into what colors for specific patterns.
In other words if you wanted to order the materials what colors would you order for what flies?

Did you just create your patterns?...nice BTW

Looking at you'all's examples it hard cause they sort of blend together...especially when one isn't familiar with the material.