+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Want a rod blank

Hybrid View

Default Want a rod blank

I haven't started to make rods yet, but I want to know If there are any cheap blanks or kits that I can start on. I would prefer a slow action rod that is tough but still cheap. Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Y View Post
    I haven't started to make rods yet, but I want to know If there are any cheap blanks or kits that I can start on. I would prefer a slow action rod that is tough but still cheap. Thank You
    Define "cheap".

Brad

Cabela's has the 5pc Stowaway blanks on sale for just $39. Great rod for $140 (finished rod price) but a real steal at $39 per blank.

send me an private message with email. I may have a couple in the basement that will be free.

pb

rainshadow/batson im6 blanks are great and inexpensive. You can get a kit for under 100 dollars from Hook and Hackle I do believe. The kits Ron sells are very nice. Check them out. Otherwise just buy the blank they are a dark blue and get the cheapest componets you can. Can be realisticly built for under $100 and will make a great rod with a medium action. I know a lot of people will say oh no don't get this get that it is much better but for price and just starting out you can't beat them. I got a 4 weight for a friend of mine in this blank and he is tickled to death with it. It is now the rod that sits by the door so when he leaves he is not without it. Just my 2 cents. oh yea the downside to these rods....... they are cheap and only carry a 2 year warrenty.

Thanks for the replies. Kaboom1, I meant cheap as in the 40 bucks and below range.

I would say check out the Forecast blanks at Hook and Hackle. I have several and really like them. A little slower action and they will not break the bank.

Brad

+ Reply to Thread