Many of us are familiar with Dr. Slick tools, I'm sure. They need no introduction here, but just in case, they sell quality fly tying tools and streamside accessories. They're most known for their fly tying scissors.
I have a pair of their 4" tungsten carbide arrow scissors that I use as my main tying scissors. I keep them on my fingers the entire time I'm at the vise. I don't know when or how it happened, but I noticed the other day, the scissors had worked loose at the rivet and they wouldn't cut effectively any more.
I looked up Dr. Slick online and called their offices in Montana. I talked to Kevin and explained what was wrong. He told me if I would send the scissors to them, they'd tighten the rivet up. It requires "just the right amount of whack to do it," he told me, and their people have just the right touch.
I had nothing to lose, since the scissors didn't work in their current condition. I sent the scissors to them and included a note letting them know about my conversation with Kevin and gave them my phone number and address. That was about 10 days ago.
Yesterday, I received a package in the mail from them. They had fixed my scissors and they work great. Here's the kicker, though. They also sent me a brand new pair identical to the ones I sent in.
Now that, my friends, is great business. You know what you get when you have a quality product and excellent customer service? Loyal customers.
Way to go, Dr. Slick.