For the past 12 years I have been teaching a Beginner's Fly Tying class at the local college and all the college furnishes is the advertisement for them plus a room to teach in. I furnish all vises, material, etc. I limit my classes to 6 students only so that I can give one-on-one instructions. I have a Regal c-clamp vise that I purchased from Ron at Hook and Hackle (a sponsor here) about 2 years ago that I use for the classes and at home. I would love to have 6 Regals for the students to use, but, the cost is not something I can handle so I purchased 6 of the "Regal knock offs" for them to use. That way they can tie on them and also use my Regal at times to see the difference between "cheap" and quality plus the class time is saved by them not having to adjust the jaws to hold the hook. My Regal starting having a slight wobble at the head which in no way affected the use but the wobble was driving me nuts. I discovered that the thumb screw at the bottom of the head that holds the head ridgid or allows it to rotate has a soft material on the end of the screw that comes in contact with the shaft to hold it had come off the screw and this was allowing the head to wobble. I called Regal and explained to them the problem and asked them if I could purchase another thumb screw and they told me that there is no cost to me and that they would mail out a new thumb screw to me immediately.

Just thought I would give them an "atta-boy" on great customer service and no questions asked. I really enjoy using my Regal and would highly recommend it to anyone. I also own a Rezzetti Traveler and find myself using the Regal for 95% of my tying.

Thanks, Regal