Thread: paracord minnows

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wayneb View Post
    Hi DDRRedneck500;

So, which store had what? I work in Lorton so a visit to Potomac Mills is a quick drive.

Wayneb
    Sports authority at Potomac Mills in the camping section.
    and i had no idea there were any other FAOLers that close... thats pretty cool. You ever hit Burk Lake? i go up there every once in a while. its supposed to be a decent Musky spot. and i have a feeling these flies might be great there...

"Interesting material - wet flies of course? Does the material perform well in the water? Because the construction of the flies looks good.

Jeanne"

yep wet flies. they actually swim very well in the water. and if youwant to alter them to make the sink faster of whatnot, just wrap a bit of wire around the like you can see i did to some in the picture.

and as far as holding up to fish, i havnt caught any with them yet, but by the way the fly is made, it can get all bent up and mangled from fish, and it takes it pretty well. as long as its not actually cut up, the body will just be pushed dowm the hook shank out of the way when a fish hits, and all you have to do is just pull on the tail to straighten it.
    Last edited by DDRRedneck500; 04-25-2009 at 02:41 AM. Reason: theres a big difference between musky and m****