+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Vise Arrived from BT's

Thumbs up New Vise Arrived from BT's

Yeppers. I upgraded to a new Danvise from BTs. I will pass my old AA vise on to Grandson #2 who is showing a real interest in tying. I ordered the vise on Tuesday and had it here parcel post on Friday morning. Watched the video, set it up and tyed a variety of sizes and types just to get the feel of it. There's not enough O's in smooth to describe it. I'm tickled pink. Thanks Al an Gretchen for the fast service. Also thanks to Ducksterman for the heads up on a wonderful tool. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

I love them as well I have had mine since X-mas 2003 and tie anything from a size 20 to a 1/0. Tied hundreds if not thousands of fly's on mine and it is still going strong. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine

Jim you bought a great vise. I've been tying on one ever since I started about 8-9 years ago. Can't beat the price on this vise.

It's an awesome vice. Ever since I got it about 2 years ago, I have not one complaint, other than it didn't make me tie any better Although as I continue to use it, I like it even more. Having a vise I like and on as comfortable to tie on does help in improving my tying skills.

John

Thumbs up

I just got done with over a hundred flies in the last month on mine, I can't complain at all, great vice, good choice, enjoy...

Yep! I totally agree. Excellent "Bang for yer Buck!" Nothing missing but the glitz and
    glamour. Take that time you save by not polishing it and tie another dozen favorites.*G*
    Warm regards, Jim

I would also recommend getting Al's DVD on rotary tying...and maybe his book and maybe the other one by someone else that's out there[can't remember details at the moment].

There is so much to rotary tying that I think a lot of us don't really appreciate.

Welcome back, Jim!

Default Al's book

I have Al's book and it's good if you want to learn how to use your rotary for its full potential.

Ron

Well I guess I'll have to call Al again tomorrow. I'll get the book. I understand I can get it signed by the author. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread