+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need advice from my American friends...

Dave M,
    Come on over! There's always room in the "Dogloo"!!!
    Seriously Dave.......ANYTIME! I think we could stay outta trouble...with my wife following us around!!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Blog Entries

hi

Please seriously consider sneaking down around brother Jim Hatch's way to tie into some of those wonderful monster bluegills and bass. Nothing quite so satisfying as a day in the boat fighting those big 1 and 2 pound bluegills and the odd largemouth tossed in on the side.

Oh, thats down on the Santee-Cooper Reservoir in S. Carolina. Looks like [url=http://www.dnr.state.sc.us/etc/rulesregs/pdf/freshfishing.pdf:502bb]there are no closed seasons in S. Carolina[/url:502bb] with a very few exceptions.

I have never been there myself but after reading all of the reports I am raring to go!

Brother Jim, would that be a good time for Andrew to come on down to Carolina for some fishing?

------------------
    RRhyne56
    [url=http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com:502bb]http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com[/url:502bb]
    IM = robinrhyne@hotmail.com

Andrew,

I live 79 miles south of Nashville, Tennessee and there are 2 local rivers here that have stocked trout and hold over trout. I would love to spend a day or more with you showing you what we have here if you are interested. Just let me know what I can do. I could pick you up at the Nashville airport if you should choose to fly in. I will not promise you anything except the best time I can offer you exploring my home water. My profile has my e-mail address if you need it.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Hey Andrew,

I'm too far to the east to offer you
    any trout fishing, but mid march may offer
    some bluegill, redear and bass fishing. It's all up to the weather man. We have
    seen as high as 80 degrees in March, as
    well as below freezing.*G* If you get down
    this far, give me a holler and we'll hook
    up. Warm regards, Jim

Andrew- I retired last year 33 years mostly 7th and 8th Science. They get to you don't they! The Great Smokies are a possibility. The water is still cool and fishing can be very inconsistant, but the last report I got was that some Quill Gordons were just starting to show very sporadically. On WEEKDAY nights the motels in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are very cheap-$ go up on Friday night. I don't fish tailwater but the Clinch has been having some midge action. If you are interested, Email me,
    Rsale@Netburner.net.

Iowa's trout season is year round. Wisconsin's will open with C&R on March 5th. Minnesota's C&R season opened on 1/1.

But you wanted it warm. Well, 34 IS warm in the winter in the upper midwest. If it gets to 40 there will be guys walkin' around in shorts.

Enjoy your vacation where ever you go!

Thanks again to all who have responded thus far. I'll try to contact each of you by email to make any necessary arrangements.

Thanks.

Consider Virginia. There's tons wild mountain brook trout streams in the Shenandoah and George Washington National Forests. Many of the lower sections of these streams are stocked and you can "warm up" there before tackling the wild fish upstream.

Hi devil,

A friend and I are also trout starved in Canada. We have been thinking of a trip to Virginia. Is it too early the third week of march to camp? Any suggestions of places to stay in the areas you mentioned? Thanks,
    Lauder

Hey Lauder,

Where are you from?

I know Devil can give you more accurate local information, but it sounds like temperatures can be pretty hit and miss down south this time of year. However, if you've ever camped in Algonquin in November, I'm sure that camping in these states would be a cake walk.

Let me know what your plans are. Maybe we can meet on the water.

Andrew

+ Reply to Thread