+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pink rod blanks?

Hybrid View

Default Pink rod blanks?

Hey guys (gals.?)...wondering if you can help. I have 2 boys and a girl, and guess which one is interested in fishing? (see title of the thread, lol) Anyhow, I don't build rods....but might consider getting into it if I can find a pink rod blank for her. I've toyed with the idea of simply getting one of those new Echo "Gecko" rods, but think I'd rather go this route.

I'd also be interested in knowing if there is a finished/factory-made pick fly rod out there that won't cost an arm and a leg...?

Thanks so much,
    TZB

Mudhole has pink blanks, but I think they are spinning blanks rather than fly blanks.

Elkhorn has pink fly rods as well as purple and rasberry for about $200. They also sell blanks in those colors for about $100. Here is a link.

http://www.elkhornflyrodandreel.com/...37&category=16
    You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

Default TFO Casting fro Recovery Rods

Through the combined efforts of Wanda Taylor, Donna Teeny and Lefty Kreh, Temple Fork Outfitters created a unique fly rod, an 8'6" 5 weight, built specifically to benefit "Casting for Recovery". http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/rods/recovery.html#T CFR rods are built on translucent purple blanks with pink lettering inscribed with the words "Supporting Casting For Recovery & Hope" and will include a distinctive pink rod sock.

This rod sellsfor $149.00 (Buy it a you local fly shop!) and comes with a Lifetime $25 replacement guarantee. This guarantee is a wonderful thing to have with a small child!

* A $25 contribution will be made to Casting For recovery for every CFR rod that is purchased through an authorized TFO dealer.

Find out more at www.castingforrecovery.org
    Last edited by bowfin47; 02-12-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Smile

I believe Elkhorn has them too.....

I think I saw a note in the Anglers workshop catalog that Lamiglas will do anycolor factory finish for a small charge($11.00 comes to mind) I think it was a 2-3 weeek lead time. Maybe give them a call and see what's up.

Lamiglas WILL paint blanks for a small surcharge. Any order of 12 or more, gets a paint job for free.

I can tell you for a fact, that you definitely shouldn't expect the results in 2-3 weeks. You should expect 2-3 months. Great company, great products, no doubt ... however, no one is that fast.

TJ -

Default Can do

We just received some sample blanks for a small manufacturer of blanks in the US (yeah!!) And they're not too pricey, either. Anyway, I say in their info that they do pink. I'll keep you folks posted or you can contact me. I should know more in a few days.

Ron

Well when you start carry them I will have to buy from you thanks Ron

+ Reply to Thread