+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alarming action...

Default Alarming action...

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...9/HCR0006.html

Briefly, it states:

"The New Hampshire state legislature took an unbelievably bold step today by introducing a resolution to declare certain actions by the federal government to completely totally void and warning that certain future acts will be viewed as a ?breach of peace? with the states themselves that risks ?nullifying the Constitution.?
    This act by New Hampshire is a clear warning to the federal government that they could face being stripped of their power by the States (presumably through civil war!)
    The remarkable document outlines with perfect clarity, some basics long forgotten. For instance, it reminds Congress ?That the Constitution of the United States, having delegated to Congress a power to punish treason, counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States, piracies, and felonies committed on the high seas, and offences against the law of nations, slavery, and no other crimes whatsoever;. . . . . therefore all acts of Congress which assume to create, define, or punish crimes, other than those so enumerated in the Constitution are altogether void, and of no force;?
    Federal gun crime laws? Void. Federal drug crime laws? Void. The gazzillion other federal criminal laws that deal with anything other than the specific enumerated crimes? ALL VOID.
    One would think that if any lawyer anywhere in the entire country was worth his salt, all federal criminal trials would have ended years ago. This seems to prove that most lawyers are dullards.
    New Hampshire deals a complete death blow to the pending federal hate crimes legislation by pointing out ?That, therefore, all acts of Congress of the United States which do abridge the freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, are not law, but are altogether void, and of no force; . . . . .?
    Later in the Resolution, New Hampshire makes clear what the feds are now risking if they proceed further: The removal of all powers from the federal government by the States!
    Quoting directly from the Resolution: ?That any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:
    I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.
    II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.
    III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.
    IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.
    V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.
    VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and
    That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually.?
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Would someone translate this for me. My soggy old brain gets easily confused. What is the real relevance of all this?

hutjensmpg Guest

I guess it means those Granite Staters had b***s of granite and are serious about 'Live Free or Die'.

Wink Tantrum Time

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell View Post
    Would someone translate this for me. My soggy old brain gets easily confused. What is the real relevance of all this?
    JC -

Think of it in terms of kiddies throwing a tantrum.

John
    The fish are always right.

Joe,
    Did it take you as long as writing the Constitution of the United States to type this, man you are good Now could you translate all this in a short story for us slow people

Since Joe's article uses Jeffersonian law I thought I'd share this.

John Kennedy once said to a assembled group of scholars in the White
    House " I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of
    human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the
    possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
    The quotes below could prove his point.

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall
    become as corrupt as Europe.
    Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
    willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A
    principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
    Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
    from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of
    them.
    Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too
    much government.
    Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear
    arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in
    government.
    Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of
    patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson

In light of the present financial crisis, it's interesting to read what
    Thomas Jefferson said in 1802 :

Banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than 20 standing
    armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue
    of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and
    corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of
    all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their
    fathers conquered.

Doesn't this sound eerily familiar to what is happening in America today?

Love it! The Federal government needs someone to kick it's arse!
    The Fed is there for protection and little else. I hope it's days of dictating to states are numbered.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

What happened to "NO WAR, POLITICS, RELIGION, OR FLAMING!" ????
    FFF Life Member #22

Blog Entries

Hopefully NH has its economy in order, because I'd guess the first thing that will happen if it is passed is that the federal gov will pull a bunch of their funding until they fall back in line.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Quote Originally Posted by DickM View Post
    What happened to "NO WAR, POLITICS, RELIGION, OR FLAMING!" ????
    Dick -

Quoting Joe from his post yesterday on another topic - about strike indicators.

"Anyone who has been here on FAOL (or any fly fishing website for that matter) for awhile knows this is a no-win thread, and that it will evolve into ugliness. IMO, this topic should be banned along with religion and politics because it seeks to divide rather than unify. In 10 years of fly fishing I have never seen a pretty outcome from this topic on a forum."

He wants to ban fly fishing topics because they might not have a "pretty outcome" ( whatever that is ) but jumps on the chance start an overtly political thread.

Must have something to do with loaves and fishes ?? Hmmmm - have I injected religion into Joe's political thread ??

John
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread