Quote Originally Posted by Flyrodde View Post
I understand the idea of the hook style. I was just suggesting a remedy to improve the aethsteics of the fly in MY eyes. You also did not like the head.

If every critique is met with defense, how much can be learned from others? As I said a very fishable fly, but I would tie it differently, just as every other tier would. Not right or wrong, just different. If you tie for pleasure, the only real judge is yourself. Nice tie Riley, keep up the good work.

"Please realize I am a technical writer by training and long use, so I make definitive statements as a matter of course and many assume I am being more absolute and direct than I intend. It is a function of my desire to be clear. But, I do not mind a good disagreement, even a rowdy one! So feel free to tell me how and why you disagree, or agree."

Earlier in this thread I made that statement. Your comment is a common result of my writing style, expected and something I have tried many times to "write around." In the course of discussion things must go back and forth. I can ignore comments or respond to them... I apologize for sounding defensive, it surely is not my intent. I can be stubborn, too.
art