Give me a buzz in the shop tomorrow between 2-4pm EST. I will probably try and talk you into the Forecast 7'6" 4 weight. In the 2 piece version, it won't cost you any more than the fiberglass which is less expensive, but a bear to ship.

Another option, and this might sound nuts to some folks, is to take a 3 or 4 piece 5 weight and throw away the butt section. You'll have a more moderate action in either a 7'6" or 6' rod. It will probably cast a 4 weight line just fine.

The main thing is that you must know that there is not "best" or "perfect" way to build a rod. They're all good -- and have personalities that make them fun and different. Hey, BRHOFF, this is supposed to be fun, right? I do know one thing for sure, though: any rod that you build will INSTANTLY become your new favorite rod! You'll see your own name on it, instead of someone else's name. (And it's easier than tying a good #16 adams!)

I may start to sell the Diamondback Diamondglass blanks that Cortland still has in stock. So stay tuned for this.