+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Neversink at Fallsburg

Default Neversink at Fallsburg

Just thought some may remember this scene and some may want to look forward to it. For several years I spent summers at a bungalow about 100 feet and to the left of the falls. I spent 2 summers at a house about 50 feet to the lower right and, as a student at Sullivan County Community College, I stayed at the men's dormitory (a defunct hotel) about 50 feet to the right and above the falls. The falls is still there but those summer vacation places are all gone.
    Wow! I'm getting warm and tingly just thinking about that river and the memories it rekindles.

Allan
    [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/travel/roscoe2003/pb17.jpg:4e1d3]http://flyanglersonline.com/travel/roscoe2003/pb17.jpg[/url:4e1d3]

God that is awesome. I have fished the Neversink several times but I don't recall ever running into that spot.

Gadabout,

That photo was taken from the bridge over the river. It is almost the same as the photo in Mac Fancis' book, Catskill Rivers(pg 10).

During the upcoming Fish-In we'll try to get a day in on the Neversink. Where'd you fish along this river?

Allan

Tyeflies,

WOW! What a beautiful stream. Sometimes I wonder what really draws me to the river -the fish, or the river's beauty. I could sit for hours beside a stream like that and just let the time pass by.

Thanks for sharing your photo of such a beautiful stream. I guess another FAOL'er is right, "Trout don't live in ugly places!"

Andrew

Beautiful water, how far is that from Hyde Park? I have a brother up there.

Lil J,

This isn't meant to be funny or sarcastic - Where is Hyde Park?

The Neversink is roughly 60 miles west from the Thruway exits into Route 17 (to be Interstate 86).

Allan

Allan,

I have fished at Bridgeville and also in the Neversink Unique Area a few times.

+ Reply to Thread