Got the opportunity to fish Noontootla Creek in North GA, February 6th and 7th. Was a beautiful place. We arrived late Thursday afternoon and even got to fish some delayed harvest water on the Taccoa for about 30 minutes. Managed several 15-19" delayed harvest fish in the sunny areas. ^ of the other guys did well there too. Excellent fishing there right now!

Up early on Friday morning to freezing cold 20 degrees with expectations of warming weather all weekend. Ice was covering most of the trucks and the fields. 8 guys, 4 sections of river, 2 people per section with a trade off at noon. We drew randomly to see who would fish what sections first.

Started on D and broke my newly repaired Sage VPS 9'5wt rod right off the bat on the very first cast. After inspection found ice inside the blank. Not good. Left my net at the cabin and about tripped over my bottom lip for the first several hours of the morning. Water had ice on the edges of the river and rod guides kept freezing up throughout the first day. Water was gin clear and tight cover made for very technical fishing. Fish were spooky and finicky. I found out I was REALLY good with the net and taking pictures LOL. I think my partner caught 5 to my 1. But I did manage to hold my own once I got comfortable with my surroundings. My buddy had fished the stream on likely more than 12 times and was very familiar with the water. I think he knows the fish by name. Fished D and A the first day and sections B and C the second.
Amazing little creek. And amazing fish. So Many pics its hard to choose just 4!
~~~waders~~~

My first fish released 22" rainbow.

Big Hen 25" female. 18.5" girth.

My best fish! 24 inches and 20.5 inch girth.

Watching the mountains fade to black on an incredible trip...