Quote Originally Posted by Grubb View Post
Vulture6 great idea of yours to ask B-4 ya made a move on this... I should have, lol but I learned the harder way, I tried a number of ways, but have found collectively all the advice you just got is good advice, now for me I just leave them in there Original packet's and keep them in a plastic storage container with a lid that seals. I just look threw them when i need a hook, maybe not the best way but all the original info is still on the packedge and so I don't have any question about the hook I'm using...
That's exactly what I'm doing now. I use a lot of Orvis hooks (they host a warehouse clearance sale here about every 4 months so I can stock up at a decent discount, although selection is sometimes limited), and the way their packets are set up, you can't necessarily tell at a glance whether there are a lot or a few hooks in the pack. Also, my plastic "shoe box" is getting pretty full, so there's always a lot of shuffling and sorting to find what I'm after.

My wife would probably say that it is a sign that I have too many hooks / too many different kinds of hooks -- but that can't possibly be it!