Actually the VW Rabbit in the 80s was a cheap car. The newer, more expensive VW they make now are as much a piece of $%#@ as all the other cars built today.

I'm not denying that a $800 rod will most likely be better than a $200 rod, I'm just saying it isn't guarantied. I understand that the price of the research and development goes into the price of the product, however the next technological breakthrough doesn't always pan out. A $800 rod will most likely be better than a $200, however there is a very good possibility that there is a $500 to $600 rod out there that is as good if not better than the $800. My point simply is not to buy what you think is the best rod based on the price, but based on the rod itself. I have no problem with people paying good money for good equipment (I have over $60,000 in tools, most of them are Snap-On), I'm just saying don't buy based only on the price. (not all my tools are Snap-On because even though they may be the best tool company, not everything they make is the best)