I?m looking for recommendations for doing some fly fishing in Scotland next August. I?d like to spend two days fishing, one chasing brown trout (preferably in a river or stream, though I?m not totally adverse to loch fishing), and one swinging for Atlantic salmon.

The criteria are principally location and cost. We?re going to be using my folks? time share, which will determine the area we are able to fish. The time shares we can use are located in Perthshire/Stirling (close to Loch Tay, Kinloch Rannoch, Loch Lomond, or Aberfoyle), or Aviemore in the Highlands. If anyone has any input on which of these locales would be the best for fishing, I?d love to hear it. (Any info on these locations as a whole would also be most appreciated. I?ve spent very little time in Scotland.)

In addition to recommendations as to location, I?m also interested in suggestions for a guide for both days.

Cost is a concern, though I recognize we?ll have to pay to fish wherever we go. I would like to get some decent trout fishing in (sea run would be cool, but not necessary), because I recognize the odds of catching an Atlantic in one days? fishing are pretty slim. Nonetheless, I?d like to try.

Any thoughts/info/suggestions are most appreciated. My email address is s_trutta47@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance.