+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To Clyde and all the other newcomers

Default To Clyde and all the other newcomers

Welcome aboard! This board is fantastic! I want to alert you to its full opportunity.

I found this board shortly after taking up fly fishing in a big way. I had a lot to learn. I started out only reading the current posts, but then also started going back into the archives of the board. What I found there amazed me!

There is probably not a single issue and question that has not been asked and answered several times over the life of this board. There is a true treasure trove of information available to you by going back into the archives

It may be the greatest collection of fly fishing knowledge, experience and wisdom ever collected in one place.

And then there is the information to be gained by clicking over on the left side column on the Home page. A ton of really good stuff there. If you take up tying, I especially recommend the fly tying instructional series from the late Al Campbell, a truly wonderful man who lives on, keeps giving, and keeps earning our respect and gratitude in the archives of this site.

I hope you have FAOL bookmarked and that you take the time to dig below the surface. You will be richly rewarded for the effort.

Oldfrat, Thanks for the heads up, trust me ive been digging around this site. Its like treasure hunting. Some of the best treasure is from Al Campbell. I wisf I could have met him. PS; I grew up in Cheyenne, still have family there were gonna have to hook up sometime

+ Reply to Thread