+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from a New Guy

Default Greetings from a New Guy

I discovered FAOL about two years ago, but I started visiting regularly this past spring. I'm a transplant from Pennsylvania and I grew up doing most of my fishing in Cameron and Potter Counties, mainly on the First Fork of Sinnemahoning Creek. I started flyfishing, and I use that term loosely,when I was 12 (things have since improved), but in the past several years my interest has grown to the point of obsession, especially in regards to tying. While my opportunities to flyfish in central Ohio are limited due to school and location, I make up for it with tying (never underestimate the fun that can be had by leaving a hare's mask lying around). Well, I just wanted to say hello, and that this looks like a great website, both in content and the people who use it.

[This message has been edited by buckeyetier (edited 09 November 2005).]

Welcome Buck, glad you posted. Lots to read thru-out these pages...Enjoy!

buckeyetier,

Welcome to the BEST web site going. I have been here in Tennessee for the past 25 years and moved here from Ohio. Born and raised around Attwood Lake area. If you get a chance you need to check out the Ohio Power Lakes which are not that far from you. Great place for camping and many, many small strip pit lakes to fish. Also check out the Mohician River, Kokoosing River and the Mohawk River in the New Comerstown area. Great rivers. Once again, welcome and please be very careful of a member here calling himself the "ohiotuber". Very shady type person (lol).

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Buckeyetier;
    Welcome aboard!! Heed Warren P's advice about ohiotuber!!

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

Hey Buckeyetier...we'll just humor the two old goats who posted before me, ok? Look where they live....Tennessee (stomped by ND!) & Michigan (soon to be stomped again by our Bucks!). You have a great flyshop in Columbus, Mad River Outfitters, & there is some real nice fly water not far from you. Shoot me an email & if you don't mind fishing with an old man, we can waste a Saturday or Sunday fishin'.
    Welcome to the family!
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Blog Entries

Welcome buckeyetier .
    Hope you enjoy FAOL as much as I have .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Welcome aboard! Pass the tea pot and cookies.

Ohiotuber,

I've heard a lot of good things about MRO, but for some reason I still haven't taken the time to go up there and look around, but maybe this will be the weekend. I recently found out that they are going to be teaching a fly fishing class through the university this winter, I figure it might be the perfect thing to break some of the winter monotony, plus it is supposed to end with a trip down to Tennesse. I really appreciate the offer to fish though, I never turn down the opportunity to fish and hopefully learn something. I also want to thank everyone for the warm welcome, it seems like a really great group here on FAOL.

[This message has been edited by buckeyetier (edited 10 November 2005).]

nighthawk Guest

Welcome aboard.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

It's a great day for fly fishing!

Southeast of Columbus down strt 33 into Hocking county is a place to fish for trout it is part of Columbus metro parks system and there are some nice brownes and smallies in there and they just stocked 3500 brownes the 2nd week in OCT. I live in Lancaster which is 13 miles from the place it's called Clear Creek Metro Park. there is about 5 to 6 miles to flyfish in the park system and some out if you need anymore info e-mail me with flyfishing in the subject and I'll try and help you out. Later MAtt

------------------
    To each there own !

+ Reply to Thread