+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FINALLY a Super Bowl we can be proud of

Hybrid View

Default FINALLY a Super Bowl we can be proud of

The 2 singers before the game didn't mangle their songs and moreover didn't try a "make over" of the original........ THANK GOD!

Halftime was good entertainment but Bruce has lost his range that is for sure. No costume problems......THANK GOD!

Our troops and General Petraus were honored.....THANK GOD!

In the end it turned out to be one great game. Steelers won.........THANK GOD!
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Agree, it was a fun game, the halftime show was one of the, if not the, best pieces of Super Bowl entertainment ever. - Go Bruce!.

Unfortunately, both Faith Hill and Jennifer Hudson were lip synching their performances -
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/160...jennifer.jhtml

Not to take away from their performances but it was disapointing to see that they were singing to pre-recorded tracks.

Jeff

Blog Entries

Wow... Not sure I saw the same game!

The total lack of class by Pittsburg rowdies is perhaps the worst kind of thing, in part because it makes me realize how close we really are to anarchy. Rioting over a game? Because your team won? The message is frightening.
    art

Hmm.. and the last play - I didn't really care who won the game but that was clearly an incomplete pass and Arizona should have gotten one last chance. That kind of stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Oh well, there is always next year..

Blog Entries

Smile Football????

Thanks for posting the winners name, I was wondering which team won.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

Quote Originally Posted by herl View Post
    Hmm.. and the last play - I didn't really care who won the game but that was clearly an incomplete pass and Arizona should have gotten one last chance. That kind of stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Oh well, there is always next year..
    They had an official ruling.....why I don't know because Arizona was out of challenges. It was painfully obvious both feet were in bounds...................over and over and over and over.

Blog Entries

I missed the part where they changed the rules... Challenges during the final 2 minutes come from the booth officials and they are not limited.

The first half officiating was horrible... Starting with an uncalled obvious late hit on Ben... And I am not a Steeler fan..............

I was getting sick of all the penalites they did call...........both ways. It's the Super Bowl.........let 'em play.

You are right about the final 2 minutes. I forgot about that. I must admit I haven't watched much football lately because of the "thuggery" and the awful halftime shows as of late. It seems they have cleaned things up a lot! I will watch more now. I was not up on the latest rules.
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 02-02-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff View Post
    They had an official ruling.....why I don't know because Arizona was out of challenges. It was painfully obvious both feet were in bounds...................over and over and over and over.
    I was talking about the very last play - the fumble that was clearly an incomplete pass, and they just ended the game. Arizona should have had one last play from Pittsburgh's 30 yard line. Who know's what could have happened.. Probably nothing, but now - no one will ever know. I hate that.

I'm not the world's biggest Springstein fan but at least he was really singing. The other two were lip synching. Performere lipping pre-recorded music is one of my hot buttons.

As a hack musician, I think live music should be emotive and reflect the moment. It does not need to be perfect but it does need to come from the heart. Music recorded in the studio is meant to be perfect. One can record as many takes as is required to achieve that level of perfection.

In live music, there are variables and that is the way it is supposed to be.

Any respect I may have had for Faith Hill and Jennifer Hudson as performers vanished. Even if the producer wanted pre-recorded music, the performer should refuse. If they want to listen to a CD, then play the CD and allow the performer to fight over the last chicken wing

Jeff

+ Reply to Thread