+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Animal activist sentenced in the UK

Hybrid View

Default Animal activist sentenced in the UK

Hi all,

I do not post very often in the board. Last year wasn't a good one for me and this doesn't look much better in terms of fishing.... But I just came across the following news about animal right activist. I know that it is not directly related to our sport, but those guys target equally the fishing/hunting as they do researchers.... It is good that they catch them... at least in the UK

Martin

http://biotechniques.com/default.asp...display&id=572
    "And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world" Satchmo

Thank Martin;
    I wonder if they'd get sentences like that here?

Blog Entries

Hi Martin - I'm just downriver from you a short ways. I know what you mean about last year's fishing. As I've told a number of people, "In a summer of dealing with the flood, It hardly paid me to own fishing equipment this year."

I'm making up for some lost time on the ice and looking forward to using the long rods this year. Sure looks like it could be shaping up to be another wet spring. Here we go again?

Good post.. I'm hoping that some of the teeth in the "terrorism" laws will bite some of these guys down the road. That's what they are.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Super Cool! Thanks for sharing

Hidehunter,

yeah, the flood didn't help much, nor the lack of money for the gas. On top of that, I moved to DM last summer, so I have the NEIA in about 3 hs each way now (was about 1:30h before).... hopping to get a better paid job.
    I work in research, and few years back the labs where I work now and other lab where my wife was workig were destroyed by animal activists. Yes, they are considered domestic terrorism here in the USA too, but nobody seems to be looking for them.
    Martin
    Martin
    "And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world" Satchmo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by malevo View Post
    Hidehunter,

yeah, the flood didn't help much, nor the lack of money for the gas. On top of that, I moved to DM last summer, so I have the NEIA in about 3 hs each way now (was about 1:30h before).... hopping to get a better paid job.
    I work in research, and few years back the labs where I work now and other lab where my wife was workig were destroyed by animal activists. Yes, they are considered domestic terrorism here in the USA too, but nobody seems to be looking for them.
    Martin
    Martin
    Martin, I can assure you that people are looking for them, I sat in our office last year with an FBI agent who was briefing us on what to look for. (college security office) The problem is they work in little cells with out a set structure. Their acts (crimes) are low budget so they don't need much money or infrastructure and they are intellegent enough that they keep there mouth shut.

But time is on our side.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

There was a "study" done here in the U.S. where "scientists" planted hair evidence of a certainly type of animal on scratching posts to get an area closed off to humans. These types of "environmentalists" need to be behind bars!
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

+ Reply to Thread