+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "6 days and counting...!!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise View Post
    P.S. Ed the last wind storm got Charlie. You pulled on him so much his root system was weakened!
    Jack, I can't help thinking that 600cfs did more to weaken Charlie's roots that 6x tippet.
    Still, that honey hole should be nothing but better with Charlie in the water!

Ed

Talking

Ed;
    It was the 1050 cfs that probably did Charlie in, after you weakend his root system! However his older sister Charlene told me she's going to be all over you like a collapsed tent in a hurricane!! If I reason with her you may get off by just hanging 6 flys in her branches before you start fishing. Make 'em flashy, she a bit of a show off and they will go well with all those red and white bobbers!!

Well folks the weather for next week has changed 4 times today! From Sunny and warm to rainy and warm and back, now it's cool and wet!!?? Welcome to our Southern Tennessee weather!!

I'm up to my arse in work and completely missed this post. Grrrr.... curse of the working class. Hey Jack, can you get a pizza peel with that cooking stone, or should I bring mine? It will fit in my suitcase so it's not a problem...just one less thing to haul around. I like to bake the Italian bread on the stone.

FYI for some of you food hounds. Be sure to bring something along to add to the festivities. Appetizers and desserts will be welcome. This ain't the Salvation Army soup kitchen, ya know (although, there WILL be some soup). Any of yoos guys make ATB's? They would go great with the beer you're bringing (I like Killian's Red. Tim likes them all. Jack never met one he didn't like.) Here's another link about the ABT's.
    Last edited by Joe Valencic; 01-30-2009 at 09:30 AM.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Hey guys! Are you going to smoke up a few Bacon Explosions?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/dining/28bacon.html
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty

That looks like a heart attack on a plate. I think it would be perfect!

Brad

Joe, you better bring the pizza peel.

Just got a pm from Joe Rodgers over in loretto. He's going to try and make it, will let me know Thursday.

The dinner list is now at 9!

I'll pick up some Killian's Red, doublewide likes it too. He's bringing a dessert for Sat. dinner.

We probably will have to plan each day's fishing location the night before. I'd sure like to have you guy's see the Duck River but the TWRA's last stocking was small Rainbow's. You will catch a lot of fish but Warren and I are worried the small size would be an embarrasment!

Blog Entries

Killian's? Bah. Give it back to the horse. I'll try to find some Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout for us!

Ed

I'll be there Wednesday evening with some Killian"s, hot wings and other goodies. There will be enough desert Saturday for about a dozen people.

Waiting to meet y'all.

Tom

Smile

Joe & Tim,

After seeing what is going to be on the menu, I thought I would let you all know that while we are fishing, if you get lost and are looking for me, save your time and do not look down wind for me. I will be up wind from you all for sure!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread