+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the pond

Default the pond

here i am in middle tenn."franklin" i go fish here ...as my wife is from here ...they (conservations) stock trout in the winter ..but i dont chase the trout here as the used to have two really nice fishing ponds near the carton plantation (former golf course area)well we come to visit this year ....an to my dismay they have filled in these ponds .......WITH DIRT!!!!!!! i dont git it i really like these two little ponds ...cause i could test my flies ....and meet maybe another fly person the Harpeth river is always high pressure for the trout when they stock them ...littered with cans of CORN and soda pop ...well good day mike

Blog Entries

Foambug65, you have options. You can simply head downstream on the Harpeth and get away from the crowd, you can head up to Edwin Warner Park in Nashville and fish the Little Harpeth. You can head for the Duck or Buffalo rivers to fish. They might not be as convenient as a neighborhood pond, but they are still options. I would like to meet up with you, but I haven't had much free time of late.

For river fishing for 'gills around here, fish very slow pools. Fish deep BUT if you see debris such as beds/piles of sticks and leaves on the bottom, fish them too. Fish nymphs or wets VERY slowly. On warmer days, you can try a dry and a dropper. I usually use a brightly colored attractor for the dry. Some Krystal Flash, palmered up the body, is not a bad idea.

Ed

Default thanks

i dont know where that at but i can figure it out ...good to know you have ..i was think about up there were that water shoot thru the tunnel near kingston springs ? ....will be a couple of days

+ Reply to Thread