Long story/short:

-Employee of mine contracted a disease that has in the past month put her in a wheel chair. And recently just the other day had a flare up that put her back in the hospital.
-She just received a letter from the Police stating she had 5 days to pay old parking tickets or they would come and arrest her. Now, this condition does not change the fact she hasn't paid her tickets and is in the wrong.
-Her husband went down to talk to the officer in charge. The officer got all huffy and said that they would still come after her if they aren't paid.....even though she is in the hospital (yeah good luck with doing that!.....PR disaster).
-So I called the Chief of Police.....a golfing aquaintance of mine and really not much more.

The Chief was PISSED....well he didn't convey that but I could tell. He said "Consider the matter on the back burner and we will work things out for her". He is to talk to the Captain that said this about still arresting her...while she fights a disease that could potentially kill her! I'd love to hear that conversation!! The Captain wouldn't even cut the amount down to get it resolved TODAY(which is common for them to do since the total amount is more than twice the original ticket amounts because of the time involved...and rightfully so). But..........
Thank God I know the guy(albeit only in a social context).
It pays to be active in the community.