+ Reply to Thread

Thread: $10,000.00 Theft !!!

Hybrid View

Default $10,000.00 Theft !!!

Most of yoll know ive been gone on a long trip, fishing, rock climbing & sight seeing on up into canada & on the way there... was a great trip up till the last 3 days anyhow... my neighbor, which is an elder lady that dont get around real good had a key to the house so she could feed my flying squirrels & ferrets while we was gone... anyhow she called & said the house had been broken into & the police called... A report was made... come to find missing was a solid gold wedding ring of me wife bought in indonesia, a gold & silver pocketwatch of mine, me sons psp & games... 6 desks & video equipment i used fer tying classes out in the tying room which is behind the house was stolen also... the ring was a gold puzzle ring with a 1 1/2kt diamond, pocketwatch was a pair case verge fussee gold & silver with a gold chain & key fer winding the watch made by connell in 1796... all the desks was mahogany with several drawers & a fold down front... no broken windows are anything... i know who did it & he is in prison now, not just fer stealing our things but stealing from his realitives & 15000$ hot check warrent as well... glad he got locked up but it dont replace whats been stolen... whats worse, we was helpin this guy out by givin him a place to stay free of charge, sleepin under our sheets in 1 of out 2 spare bedrooms & putting his feet under our table 3 times a day till he got back on his feet... even got him a job... just thought i would put this post & say that if ya gonna help anyone out, make sure ya do a in depth background check beforehand... found that out the hard way...
    Last edited by bugman; 01-27-2009 at 08:53 PM.
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

Your Homeowners insurance covers theft.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Red face Rule of Life

Alas, one of the most basic rules of life: "No good deed goes unpunished."

Sorry to hear of your loss, particularly when you were trying to help this guy must make it so much worse. I hope that his inability to act in a human fashion does not continue to taint your attitude towards other people who may be in a time of need.

I hope that at some stage this guy is able to appreciate the consequences of his inability to resist temptation. Obviously the opportunity you unwittingly presented was too much for him to resist.

Perhaps some of it may be returned in time? Good luck.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

yeser, got a coppy of the police report & gonna go through the process of filling the claim through the insurance... it will cover the desks & video equipment but not the ring or pocketwatch...those 2 has to be filled under a different insurance & hopefully the insurance on my clock repair busines will cover those...
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

Blog Entries

Ivan
    Very sorry to hear of your troubles...

If you have any issues with the insurance adjuster accepting items and agreeing to pay for them hire an advocate. If that means an attorney, whatever. Insurance companies keep their costs down by denying everything they can.

Fraud is rampant and that is clearly an issue to them, but there is no reason for you to not get what you pay for. I have acted as advocate for a few folks when the insurers tried to be weasels. Surprisingly little pressure is required to make them straighten out... At least in my experience.
    art

+ Reply to Thread