+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PA / NY advice needed

Default PA / NY advice needed

Hi,

One of my seniors is traveling from Maine to Susquehannah, Gettysburg, and Elmira Friday to interview at colleges. He's wondering if he should take his fly rod....?

Kat

Quite simply,

YES....He jusy might regret it if he does not!!!...he will be in easy reach of some truely great water...May I suggest the Pa Guide to Flyfishing PA by Dave Wolf...?...Great book..It'll serve him well I'd think...might want to spend some time researching the sections that pretain to where he'll be closest....Tell him to have a safe and happy trip,And enjoy PA..He might want to extend his trip after checking out the waters...lol

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

Everyone wants to excel in this sport but at the same time we let traditionalists place restrictions on our tactics, methods, and ideas. I always assumed that fly fishing was a sport that allowed imagination, creation, adaptation, investigation, dedication, education, revelation? : Fox Statler, On Spinners (Not the dainty Dry Fly kind) "Spinner'd Minner Fly"

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Kathy, you've got mail.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

nighthawk Guest

He will be crossing Yellow Breechs Creek. The size 18,20,22 BWO's should be hatching. Given time he could hit Pine Creek and Penns Creek as well.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

It's a great day for fly fishing!

+ Reply to Thread