+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White River Vest at Basspro

Unhappy White River Vest at Basspro

I just bought a white river fishing vest at BassPro for about $32. I just got home and was filling my pockets and wondering how I was going to remember where I put all of my stuff when I noticed something on the floor. It was the back half of a button that went on a little flap that goes across the zipper in front. It had pulled through the material. I suppose I did it, but I don't think I had buttoned the flap. Anyway, it was annoying but no big deal, but now the zipper won't stay up. Needless to say, the vest and button are back in the bag with the receipt, awaiting the next trip to BassPro Shop. I hope everyone else has had better luck than me today.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Jason,
    I had one of the same vests from Bass Pro that you have. Mine lasted a couple years but the zipper gave out. I had a pretty decent number of miles on it so I didn't mind too much when it finally went to that big fishing stream in the sky.

I bought one of these:
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...008000_175-8-1
    and have never looked back. Yes, they are expensive, but it's a quality vest.

I almost bought this one:
    http://www.orvis.com/store/productch...subcat_id=6037

I thought it was well made but liked the fishpond one better.

I like the mesh vests, especially in summer. They are not as hot. With you being in Tennessee, it may be something to consider.

Jeff

Default thanks

Thanks Jeff,

I hadn't thought about it getting hot. I think I will try for a mesh vest next.

Jason
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Default Fish Pond vest

I also have a Fishpond vest and absolutely love it. Worth every penny I spent. I can't stand anything "hanging" on my neck and this seems to sit more on the "shoulders". The mesh is great for the summer heat. It is also adjustable for shoulders and waist or sides.
    Good luck
    Bernie

I had one of these since about, 2006. Though I got it on sale for only 40! I still have it. Nice padded shoulders, lotsa pockets, too many for me, which is why im down-sizing this year.
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...008000_175-8-1

Have one myself and had the zipper issue, so I just use the snap to keep it closed. No problem with it, yet...But I'm migrating to a W&J chestpack this year.
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

+ Reply to Thread