Hi folks,
I bought a Fishpond Waterdance chest pack and I love it. However, I am not able to place my Folstaff wading staff sheath/holster onto the belt of the pack because the loop where the belt would go through the holster is too narrow. (The staff is about 18 years old so the newer models may have addressed the wider wading belts.) The holster has a small hole at the top of the holster loop which might allow me to run a leather loop through but in so doing I would sacrifice the stability of the holster which could be dangerous if I needed to pull the staff out quickly. The pack itself has some smaller compression straps that would allow the holster to be attached but again it would not be positioned so as to allow a quick pull of the staff. I have spent an entire day looking for a solution in terms of attachment and/or some generic holster that might work. I am considering calling Folstaff to ask if they have any alternative holsters available. Do any of you have any suggestions?? Thanks in advance for any help or brainstorms you might have.
Gerri