Okay - I'm going to admit it... my eyesight isn't what it used to be. I have prescription polarized sunglasses, plus flip downs on the bill of my hat, and I have a box of C&F threaders for size 16 and smaller. But here's my real challenge - seeing the flies on the water.

Last year I started tying some of my dry flies with fluorescent orange or fluorescent yellow wings - parachute flies mainly, but tonight I tied up a batch of size 14 black ants with fluorescent orange turkey T flat wings. I find that white wings just don't cut it if I cast over about 35 feet.

Now, knowing a fisherman's pride, I'm not going to ask if anyone else has this problem, but, uh... maybe some of you KNOW another flyfisherman who has, uh... faced the same problem. So, have any of your "friends" found a better solution? How many of you, er... how many of your "friends" have gone to using fluorescent wings, and do you find that it makes any difference to the trout?

Personally, I can't tell if my blaze orange wings has caused any decrease in rises, because previously, by and large, I couldn't tell if they were rising to my fly or a natural.

Thanks in advance for your candor!