Belated but heres another twist to the yarn:
For the past 10 years or so, I have fished from a 20 ft cedar strip canoe - absolutely wonderful for two people - My advice would be to try out as many as you can - demo day should be coming up everywhere shortly - best timeinvestment you can make. My experience has been that you want to go as long as you can comfortably handle, I personally wouldn't go under 18' if it's a 2 man flyfishing operation - separation is a beautiful thing, especially when fishing bead/cone heads.... Oh also important to establish some rules when fishing 2 people - unless the frontman is a schoolteacher - you know - eyes in the back of the head - always call your casting...saves a lot of tangles. Driftanchors are a great way to control the canoe on lakes - one at each end will keep you going straight downwind, and you can control your driftspeed with the size of the bag - make them yourself, and adjustable...In terms of handling/lifting - I'm not exactly the worlds strongest guy, but had no trouble handling and racking thet 20 footer (105 lbs) myself - mostly its a matter of technique and a good roof rack setup.
I also got a long paddle with a wide blade - 9" to give better control, and made a removable seat to fit over the gunnels about 3/5's of the way from the bow - perfect for solo paddling a long boat..Finally learn to J-stroke - also backwards - very effective on lakes and ponds, you can back up the boat without the frontguy even noticing....;^0
I just gave the boat away to a buddy - will be missing it, but it would not be practical where I'm moving..
Good luck in your quest..
Ulrik