Greetings from Sunny and 78 in North Carolina and allow me to introduce myself. First off, I found this site while searching for rod building info and tips and found exactly what I needed by way of Al's build section. Great stuff and a great site in general. Plenty to read and learn. I'm Steve Price of Wake Forest, NC- a growing small town near Raleigh in central North Carolina. Trout waters to the left of me salt to the right. Bass and panfish plus Carp and Gar all over. Been fishing off and on for decades mostly on from here on out and even more of the time flicking flies. just got into FF the last couple of years and have enjoyed cutting my teeth on some low end entry level gear. Which brought me to this site and Hook & Hackle for my first kit. 48 years young next month. Married with kids, l have a 34 acre homestead with feathers and fur but no fins (...sigh...) - it takes a bunch of hoops and red tape to build a large outdoor fish container-pond. So this and last year I've been hitting the local farm ponds for my mainstay and Southeast Alaska each September for the Salmon trip. Building my first rod is a treat and I can see about 3-4 more in the near future-if I can keep it down to that. I just got a TFO 5 weight and boy is it a joy, but I'm really looking forward to finishing my Batson blank 4 wt for the ponds I fish year round unless they ice over. Found 21 new ponds via satellite imagery on MSN Terraserver's site that are en route to work or home and have already scored on one with a courteous phone call for permission and a gift of two dozen fresh farm eggs! Anyway great to be aboard. That's me last month with my new personal best LMB on the fly!

------------------
I fish, therefore I swam.