I have fished Lee's Ferry about thirty times on my own with my own boat when I lived down in that area.

I went with Dave Foster of Marble Canyon Lodge once for two days strictly as a learning experience, which it was. Not only was Dave a great guide, he was a good person to hang out with and I felt I got my money's worth. I was a professional guide for 10 years and I would rank him right up there.

Terry Gunn at Lee's Ferry Anglers also runs a great shop, but I have only stayed at his place and rented boats from him. You will get the best river information at his shop.

Renting a boat is a great way to fish it and you can get good maps to show any danger and the good fishing spots.

Both places have good lodging and great restaurants. They have sack lunches if you go on your own.

Do not go if they are fluctuating the river to accomodate the spawning squaw fish. They will tell you it's all right and the fishing is good, but it's really not. Try to go during stable water flows or on a weekend when the river stays fairly low.

While Lee's Ferry may not be the fishery it once was, I believe it is worthy of a visit. The fishing is good and the scenery is fantastic.

------------------
"My fondest memories and friends will be forever bound to my heart, with the waters I have fished." D.G. 1992

www.wolfmountainfly.com