With all the various fund raisers we go to we are always buying raffle tickets of one kind or another. Best I ever won was a pair of large fly plates. One the International fly plate and, the same year, at the same show, an FFF plate. They sent me the wrong FFF plate. They had two at the show and had 2 separate raffles for them. I only bought tickets on the one because it had some famous tyers in it whose flies I did not have while I had all but 2 of the tyers represented by the other. Later when they sent me the history on the winnners throughout the history of this thing, and the profiles on the tyers in the plate...they sent me the one for the one I actually won but didn't get. I always just figured that one of the inner circle won the other, but recognized the other was worth more so they just switched them figuring I would never know..
It's nice but not as nice as the other. Not that I would sell it but I would estimate that there is an easy $600 difference in their value.
I don't even want to think about the money I've spent trying to win rods or rod/reel combo. Never won one, I could have bought one of QC's for what I've got into tickets over the years... Funny how other guys seem to win a rod every year. How about you?