+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida Fish-In '09 - Venice ?

Default Great! Those dates work for us...

As of last week the bunkhouses at Grande Tours were still available. Great for singles or those that don't mind sharing, there are 2 bunks in each bunkhouse for $55 +tax. Shared shower & bath facilities. Grande is the kayak livery on Placida!

Ken & I are still looking at a couple of places that are on Lemon Bay and have a dock, snook lights and kayak launch. I'll keep you posted.

Capt. Tony that's a very nice offer and if the others agree on the date, we'll see you there!

After this last ice storm, I'm really ready!

Default Venice Holiday House rooms and rates

For several years the Holiday House (formerly Holiday Inn) has given my anglers special rates. A very nice double will run $100 (obviously $50 Each if you share). It has a pool, is surrounded by restaurants, and conveniently located on US41.

Just tell them you get the Tight Loops Fly Fishing discount. 941-485-5411

See you soon.

Tony

For last years FL Fish-In thought it would be a good idea for a souvenir to have a FAOL fishin cap with FL Fish-In '08 embroidered on the back, but since the turn out was limited never got any. If you need a new fishin cap, Betty Hiner is offering them again ..... http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...ad.php?t=18069

About 4 weeks until the fishings in for the attendees ! Some good news for those wanting to fly for some warmer weather as Air Tran has discounted quite a number of their fares & other airlines are following suit.

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Just putting this back near the top. Is everyone as ready as I am. Can't wait!!!
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

After another 38 degree morning, seems the 80's are going to be here this weekend for the next 10 days ! Can't wait to get out on the water & into the warm now that snook season is in

Default We are tired of this winter...

The weather was beautiful here this past weekend with a high yesterday in the low 70's! All it did was make us more ready for Florida.

We spent the day cleaning...the kayaks have been unwrapped from their winter covers, the truck was washed, systems checked and the cab de-junked. We started checking and packing the fishing gear. We figured that it would be better to have the Florida gear ready so we don't have to worry about it along with everything else!

Ken's sister had a massive stroke last week and is in critical condition. This could be the second family funeral in as many weeks and the second run to Ohio.

Lay-offs started at work last week with more to come this week. I took a demotion with a 10% cut in pay; but, I consider that lucky at this point.

We are really looking forward to this trip and can't wait to see y'all!

Dianne

Heck with Florida SW Ladyfish, the Stripers are at your front doorstep heading up the Susky!

I have friends that have seen big girls busting herring near the RR bridge last week. How could you even think about leaving fish to travel 1000 miles to find fish?

Sorry to hear about Ken's family's illness and your job issues. It is a very bad time everywhere you look these days.

Glad I'm retired and my house is paid off at least there two problems I don't have to deal with ..... now if my life's savings in the market would get left alone I would be set but I have lost 40% already and I am sure we are not at the bottom yet with the stock market.

+ Reply to Thread