I just wanted to introduce myself to the FAOL membership. I live in Western NY (outside of Buffalo) and have been fishing mostly inland streams in NY, PA, MT, CO ONT., CA and NM for trout for about fifty years now. Have taught several flytying courses and individual classes, and tied commercially for a few years. I especially enjoy my time spent volunteering for a day of introducing kids to fly fishing and tying. The magic in childrens? eyes is so profound and moving... I?ve also built several dozen rods for myself and friends over the years.

I?ve been an avid reader of the FAOL forums for about a year now, and decided to say hello to what is obviously a large group of many fine, generous, kind, passionate & helpful fellow flyflingers from all over the globe. Have picked up so much info and knowledge from you folks on FAOL, not the least of which is about some terrific bicycling along the Pine in North Central PA!!! Thank you, Mr. Nighthawk ... that was a beautiful ride we took in early October!!

And - Jim and Deanne, what a terrific web site!

Oh - - I already have my FAOL hat - thanks again, Betty!!