+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damned brown nymphs!

Hybrid View

Default Damned brown nymphs!

Right, this is really getting to me. Who else does this????

Every time I go to my nymph box for a plain brown nymph I don't have one. Reason is, every time I sit down to tie a "plain brown nymph" I think, "Mmmm, how about a flash back?" or "How about some nice rib?" or something else? Consequence is I have a box full of bead heads, flashbacks, leggies, lead weighted and ribs; and any other stule of nymph you can think of: other than plain old brown. Even if I buy them I do the same... "Wow, look at these... "

I am not like this when I dress myself. I am a plain dresser, shorts and tee shirt type. I need a "shorts and tee shirt" style nymph but my affliction is preventing me from tying one. My cars are plain too, as is my furniture, my study, my house.

Why can't I have a plain brown nymph?
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Very funny!
    Steve

nighthawk Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    Right, this is really getting to me. Who else does this????

Every time I go to my nymph box for a plain brown nymph I don't have one. Reason is, every time I sit down to tie a "plain brown nymph" I think, "Mmmm, how about a flash back?" or "How about some nice rib?" or something else? Consequence is I have a box full of bead heads, flashbacks, leggies, lead weighted and ribs; and any other stule of nymph you can think of: other than plain old brown. Even if I buy them I do the same... "Wow, look at these... "

I am not like this when I dress myself. I am a plain dresser, shorts and tee shirt type. I need a "shorts and tee shirt" style nymph but my affliction is preventing me from tying one. My cars are plain too, as is my furniture, my study, my house.

Why can't I have a plain brown nymph?
    Well, your Christmas Music certainly is not plain!

I am one of those types that loves the plain pheasant tail nymph. However, on occasion, I am known to stray:

My flies are proof positive that even the worst flies catch fish. That's what counts so if you are catching fish on those "Fancy" flies then give them HE&* and have fun!

That's what counts so if you are catching fish on those "Fancy" flies then give them HE&* and have fun!
    Its more when I am NOT catching anything that I begin to rue the day I added all the bling!!!!
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

nighthawk Guest

I am known to carry a "small" tying kit with me in the car. Now had you let this dilemma of yours out of the bag BEFORE someone sent you your package this year you might have found some "samples" enclosed in said package.

Uncle Barry Guest

Good afternoon,
    Gringo, "Why can't I have a plain brown nymph?"

Maybe your like me, I don't want to, I never, ever tie a brown nymph, simply because they don't trick fish as easy as the PT does.

Result, I always tie PT's, in sizes from 12 to 16.

Kind regards,
    UB

Default brown nymph

Try one with brown ostrich, 3 strands of twisted herls wire ribbing and a bead head

+ Reply to Thread