Thread: More "Fat Pants" Food...

Threaded View

Default More "Fat Pants" Food...

I have very little work right now, even though I've sold a lot of work. Have to wait 4-6 weeks for cabinetry to be built & delivered. Soooo, what does the PhoDoughgod do when he's bored? Of course! He heads to his kitchen to cook up a little mischief. I've always wanted to make a strudel, but was somewhat intimidated by stretching the dough. I always thought that only my Mother and Grandmother were given the gift for "dough stretching" to where it was so thin you could see through it. Anyway, I figured I would try it, and the worst case would be that I would be out a little flour and eggs. Much to my surprise it was not too difficult once I got the knack of it, and this is what 3 1/2 cups of flour looks like stretched out on a table cloth on my island. Yes, you can actually see through the dough, it's that thin, yet pretty strong.

Since that worked I then filled the dough and rolled it up into a log. This is 16" x 22" pan, so it gives you an idea how large the dough was stretched. I actually cut this into three pieces, sealed the ends and put it on parchment paper for baking (apples ooze!).

I gave one length to a customer today in exchange for a signed contract, wrapped up some for the freezer, and will take the pie pan of pieces to my FF Board of Directors meeting tonight. That bunch of guys will eat anything!

I'll get the recipe up on my website in the next day or so.
    Last edited by Joe Valencic; 01-14-2009 at 10:36 PM.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains