+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sea Kittens????

Default Sea Kittens????

OMG!! What will they think of next. Ian James fired off an email to me and here is what it says:

Sea Kittens, sea kittens ... sea kittens?
    Just when you thought you had seen it all...
    On January 11th, I was giving a quick talk at the Zone J section of the O.F.A.H (Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters) here in London. At the meeting I heard the term "Sea Kitten." The good folk at PETA have started a campaign to have fish renamed as sea kittens. If you don't believe me, here is a quote from the PETA web site.

"Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy?stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?"

If you still don't believe me click the link, and while you are there you can create your own sea kitten. No guff! I just know that this is going to drive up the price of Friskers cat food as this, and the Cat's Whisker fly pattern, will be the only two items which will be productive on the sea kittens. Still, I dare say that if I keep a bit of fur on my sea kitten fillets, it will help to prevent freezer burn.
    learn more... http://www.peta.org/sea_Kittens/about.asp

"There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Blog Entries

Then again, I like kittens. They are not bad with ketchup, mind you...

Next, we will have to call chickens "tuna of the land"...

I thought cats liked tuna????????????

I saw this on TV a couple of days ago...this world is crazy enough this may be scary!

Thumbs down

PETA and their offshoot orgs are very imaginative (In a 2yr old sense)
    Here is one of their ideas, that they have put into action:
    Quote: "As of this week, hunters have something new to worry about in addition to accidentally shooting each other and embarrassing themselves in public: Not being able to find any animals. At least that's the idea behind HIDE (Hunting Is Downright Evil), an anti-hunt group based in Minnesota that has been tranquilizing deer in popular hunting sites, painting them camouflage, and re-releasing them into the wild. According to HIDE President Jamie Drysdale, the group, which has more than 60 members in Minnesota and Wisconsin, are able to camouflage up to 12 deer a week, and hundreds of infuriated hunters have already submitted letters of complaint to their state governments." End Quote
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Doug,
    If I quickly read that correctly ....if hunters worth their salt can't distinguish a deer camouflaged by peta [small caps on purpose] and mother nature than they aren't worth their salt.

Anyway Minnesota is crazy...Al Franken.

Default More Sea Kitten News

Quote: "Yesterday , we wrote to Whitefish High School (Montana), and suggested that it change its name to Sea Kitten High in order to let people know that sea kittens are just as deserving of love as their land-dwelling counterparts. We were so excited to hear back from Jerry House, the Whitefish schools Superintendent. Superintendent House announced that he thinks the change would be a great idea, not just for the high school, but for the whole city!
    House suggested that instead of "Sea Kitten," it might be more appropriate to call the city "White Kitten," given Montana's lack of proximity to the ocean. "White Kitten High School, the White Kitten City Council, the White Kitten Fire Department, it has a certain ring to it, don't you think?" We really do think so, Superintendent House, and we love that you can see our point so clearly.
    And if you break the law, House warns, "[Y]ou'll be arrested by the White Kitten Police Department, and taken to the White Kitten Jail, where you'll be treated with soft, furry paws and a purr of compassion." Aww I'm totally moving to Montana.
    He even suggested that the new name would bring new business to the town, perhaps the (National Federation of Sea Kittens), instead of the outdated "National Federation of Fly-Fishers" that they're used to. House looks forward to it: "The fur will be flying, and they'll have scratching post exhibits." They'd better get started on that name change, because it looks like they've got some prep work ahead of them. As our new favorite superintendent said, "[W]e're going to have to bring in lots and lots of litter boxes."
    Posted by Lianne Turner End Quote
    Doug
    Last edited by DShock; 01-12-2009 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Just removing a bunch of ???????????
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Maybe they are related to these. http://www.furbearingtrout.com Hope peta doesn't find out. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Question Custom Orders?

What do you think about ordering custom colors? http://shenews.projo.com/08/peta_deer.jpg
    Doug

haha just posted about this on my fishing forum today cause I thought it was immature! heres a response I got from one of my buddies! there is "some" foul language I warn ya cause its penn and teller but it shows the truth of the real peta. see what you guys think about it. crazy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/petasdirtysecret.cfm
    God Put Fly Fishing Here For You And Me! Take Advantage Man! Take Advantage!
    AKA GeorgeMcFly

I think we need to introduce those PETA folks to a Big White Sea Kitten!
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

+ Reply to Thread