OMG!! What will they think of next. Ian James fired off an email to me and here is what it says:

Sea Kittens, sea kittens ... sea kittens?
Just when you thought you had seen it all...
On January 11th, I was giving a quick talk at the Zone J section of the O.F.A.H (Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters) here in London. At the meeting I heard the term "Sea Kitten." The good folk at PETA have started a campaign to have fish renamed as sea kittens. If you don't believe me, here is a quote from the PETA web site.

"Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy?stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?"

If you still don't believe me click the link, and while you are there you can create your own sea kitten. No guff! I just know that this is going to drive up the price of Friskers cat food as this, and the Cat's Whisker fly pattern, will be the only two items which will be productive on the sea kittens. Still, I dare say that if I keep a bit of fur on my sea kitten fillets, it will help to prevent freezer burn.
learn more... http://www.peta.org/sea_Kittens/about.asp