+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which vise sould you advise?

Roddy,

I haven't tidied up at all. That picture was taken when I first bought the vise. The desk and vise look nowhere near that neat now. Bits of fluff and fur everywhere.

It will be a cold day in heck when I can afford to spend that kind of money on a LAW....well....for VEE at least. For me....maybe.

I just remembered that I have a CD for you. PM your snail mail addy to me would you?

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Smile

You did say you would like a lifetime guarantee. You will get that with all Griffin models. Just a 800 phone number away. Bill Fitz

Inderk,

Within the past year I traded my DynaKing for a Nor-Vise. I love it! Does everything a conventional vise will do plus it lets you spin the vise at varying speeds to make dubbing a snap as well as place materials on the hook at speeds not possible with a conventional rotary or stationary vice.

Here is a link to the media section of the Nor-Vise site which has videos for you to view.

http://www.nor-vise.com/multimedia/video.htm
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Inderk:

If you have been happy with your Regal imitation, why not invest in the REAL Regal Revolution?

It meets all of your URS with hardly anything new to get used to.

PEAK vise and it's accessories as a package

There is such a range and you didn't give a price point. Personally in the More expensive vises, I would love to have a Dynaking Barracuda. I personally tie on a Peak and my Daughter uses a DanVise. For the Money a DanVise is hard to beat, but I still prefer the Peak. Sure if I won the lotto a Law might be in order, but not any time soon for me.

Inderk

If you like the style of the imitation regal, then why not get a genuine Regal vise? I just picked up a HMH Standard and really like it. If a true rotatry vise is what you are looking for, then there have been some good suggestion already posted. I think of all the rotary vises, the Renzetti Traveler seems to be the most popular.

Good luck!

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I've been tying on a Danvise classic vise for years now. It was my first vise and I think it's so good I've never even thought of buying a new one. And for 80 bucks you can't beat the price for a full rotary.

+ Reply to Thread