Many years ago, my dad bought me a custom built 7' 4wt. It was made by a guy named Bo Cash back in NC on a lamiglass blank. Bo gave you one screw-up and if you made a mistake he would repair your rod. After that it was your nickle. Well I managed to break it by sticking the rod together at the ferule and couldn't seperate it (I slipped and fell). I took it back to Bo and he couldn't get it apart either (it was cool watching all of his tricks.) He advised me to send it back to Lamiglass where they could get it apart. (magically I guess) The lamiglass folks said that it would take 3-4 weeks to get everything done and turned around.

About a month later, I got a HUGE peice of PVC pipe from the UPS folks. Turns out when they went to ship my rod back to me, they messed up the shipping labels and sent me someone elses 12'surf rod. My rod went off to California. I called Lamiglass and they said sorry for the goof, they would track down my rod, and make everything right. The UPS guy picked up the surf rod the next day. About three weeks later I got a tube back from lamiglass. It was a empty 7' blank, a lamiglass catalog and a note from the customer service rep saying to call them ASAP. I called them and the said that the shop in Cali, never returned my rod and for the trouble I could order ANY BLANK in their catalog for my trouble. Within about 5 min's a 9' 4wt was on it's way. I called Bo and he said he would remake the 7' rod for free and charge me $75 (for parts) to make up the 9'. Bo lived one town over so I set up a time to bring everything over. About 2 weeks after the 9' blank showed up, I got a third tube from lamiglass. My original rod perferctly repaired ! I called the lamiglass CSR back and told her I would send back the 7' blank. I told her there was no way I could keep it. She would have nothing of it. After about 10 mins we agreed that I would donate it to my TU chapter for their annual silent auction.

So for my fubb, I got my orginal rod repaired, A 9' blank and a 7' blank. That's a good warranty. I used my 9' tonight, and it's my day in and day out rod for the middle and lower. I love my 7'er on small streams it's so quick, I can throw super tight loops under all sorts of obstrutions. I used to be the master of the "skip-cast", where your skip the fly up under tree limbs and the like mush like skipping a stone off the surface of a pond. Not too much use for it around here in UT....