I don't expect any rod company to replace a broken rod because of my fault/stupidity. I've had one graphite rod break because of a defect in the material. It looked like the material was "thinner' at the break or something like that. I asked if they would examine it and see if it was actually a "defect" and if it was my fault I'd be happy to pay for a new section. They promptly sent me an entire new rod; which I didn't expect at the time. I wrote and thanked them and said that it wan't necessary; but, they insisted. Two years ago I stupidly slammed a door on a tip section of another rod and again requested a new tip, which I would pay for; but, the company sent me a new rod. Now, don't get me wrong, I much appreciated the gestures; but, still don't feel like the company should replace any piece, let alone an entire rod, because I screwed up. If you drive your vehicle into a tree would you expect the car company to give you a new car; do the repairs for free, so, why should a rod company be any different? I realize this is opening the proverbial "can of worms;" but, when does personal responsibility factor into the equation? I obviously don't know anything about the reasons behind all these "lifetime" guarantees proffered by the various companies; but, maybe someone from one could enlighten this poor dumb innocent. Just my 1 cent or less worth.