Oh boy, just got a couple vacation days that may coincide with good, rare, winter weather here, at the end of this week. We're going to hit the N. Platte Miracle Mile in Wyoming. We've never fished it before, and we'll be wading. The browns should be starting to move right about now.

So, my question -- how do all y'all experienced folks fish streamers on big rivers? I'm from small river (i.e. 'crick') country in Colorado and don't know much about it.

I'm thinking of rigging up a 12 ft. sink tip on my dry line (the Cortland sink tip kit) with a 9 ft 3x leader and some big muddlers, buggers, and leeches, and figuring I can always add some lead to get down faster, or ditch the sink tip if needed too. My buddy Ralph insists on dry line only, with a 9 ft leader plus long 15 ft tippet, with strategically placed lead.

I'm counting opinions, and your input would be helpful. Sink tip? Full sink? Dry with long tippet and lead? Other? How would *you* fish the Mile in late fall (mmmm, weather's feeling more like early winter these days).?

All opinions helpful, and thanks in advance!

DANBOB